Who we are?
Our long history expands over 96 years as a prominent leader in the truck equipment business that “makes trucks into tools." Since 1918, Auto Truck Group has expanded into 9 locations and more than 500 employees specializing in design, manufacture and installation of truck equipment for a wide variety of customers. From custom orders to entire fleets, Auto Truck Group is ready to help pool/dealer customers, commercial users, fleets, utilities, government agencies, and many other smaller businesses.
Auto Truck Group has an outstanding opportunity for Automotive Installer Technician based in our Mississauga Location
What will you do?
- Build vehicles according to work instructions and prints, check and verify conformance to specifications.
- Mount and connect mechanical, electronic, pneumatic, hydraulic and crane systems and controls.
- Build small parts, install boxes and special components for design of truck.
- Responsible for filling vehicle systems with proper fluids for safe and proper operation.
- Verify all line items have been completed on the work order and test the action of moving parts prior to final inspection.
- Organize and install vehicle and equipment operation manuals in the vehicle.
- Perform a quality visual inspection of vehicle, pre-delivery, or dealer prepping, as well as checking chassis for problems, such as leaks, errors or bad manufacturing.
- Possess knowledge of assembly process to limit scrap materials.
- Possess an understanding and exercise extreme care during the operation and movement of large parts while using the company lifting systems.
- Inform and communicate suggestions and errors to relevant departments for continuous improvement of the installation process.
- Understand the value that quality plays in the overall success of the company, help in increasing the quality of our products for the appearance and safety for our customers.
- Ability to think on your own and request assistance when needed.
- Must comply with the company’s safety policies and clean initiative standards.
What are we looking for?
- Basic electrical skills.
- Heat shrinking
- Principals of electrical theory
- Troubleshoot problems
- Some understanding of relay operation, start/stop functions and multiple lighting
- Entry-level hydraulic skills.
- Disassemble components and systems
- Troubleshoot problems
- Repair of components and systems
- Possess the ability to use electrical/power tools correctly.
- Must pass a physical, drug test, and criminal background check prior to employment.
- Ability to mig weld clean – horizontal, downhill and overhead passes.
- Automotive experience is extremely helpful.
- Knowledge and skill of reading electrical wiring diagrams and hydraulic schematics.
- Ability to wire off a diagram on any and all work equipment.
- Diagnose electrical, hydraulic, mechanical and pneumatic problems.
- Valid driver’s license.
Auto Truck Group is committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs