Who we are?
Our long history expands over 98 years as a prominent leader in the truck equipment business that “makes trucks into tools." Since 1918, Auto Truck Group has expanded into 12 locations and more than 800 employees specializing in design, manufacture and installation of truck equipment for a wide variety of customers.
Auto Truck Group has an outstanding opportunity for an Account Manager – Fleet Accounts, based in our Fort Worth, TX location.
What will you do?
The Account Manager is an important cross functional support role for the Fleet Sales team. The Account Manager is responsible for executing the day-to-day activities to ensure our customers and internal partners have the information and tools they need to meet the customer’s needs. The Account Manager is responsible for providing superior customer service both externally and internally, process customer quotes and orders, generate sales revenue, provide excellent communication and feedback, and promote goodwill within assigned customer groups. The Account Manager position will report directly to the Account Management Supervisor – Fleet.
- Serve as the main point of contact for national fleet customers; act as a liaison between the customer and other company departments while developing strong working relationships.
- Provide customer support by quoting prices, taking orders, tracking delivery and order status, expediting delivery, and providing technical support.
- Manage relationships, opportunities and promote products with current and potential customers.
- Assist outside sales representatives with research, sources, process bids and quotations in a timely manner.
- Relay relevant information to open and process orders based on accepted bids and/or purchase orders, modify existing orders, track orders through fulfillment.
- Maintains documentation throughout the progress of a job necessary for billing and reference; includes purchase orders, authorizations and product drawings.
- Proactively work with customers to forecast upcoming needs, build schedules, resolve customer service issues as necessary.
- Coordinate, schedule, and participate in pre-build and pre-delivery meetings to ensure customer expectations can be met.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field, or equivalent years of experience required.
- 1-3 years Account Management experience
- 3 years automotive/truck equipment experience strongly preferred
- Project Management experience strongly preferred
- Advanced analytic abilities to make independent decisions and then justify the financial outcomes.
- Customer service orientation and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to interact with all levels of customer personnel
- Highly professional appearance and demeanor
- Intermediate level skills in Microsoft Office
- Must be detail oriented, organized, able to plan effectively, prioritize and multi-task.
What we offer:
Benefits include competitive pay, health, dental and life insurance, tuition reimbursement, 401(k), on the job training and development and much more.