Who we are?
Our long history expands over 97 years as a prominent leader in the truck equipment business that “makes trucks into tools." Since 1918, Auto Truck Group has expanded into 12 locations and more than 800 employees specializing in design, manufacture and installation of truck equipment for a wide variety of customers.
Auto Truck Group has an outstanding opportunity for a Mechanic Technician.
Primary job function will be installing new aftermarket equipment on new automobile and truck chassis.
What will you do?
- Ability to build vehicles according to work instructions and prints, check and verify conformance to specifications.
- Ability to safely mount and connect mechanical, electronic equipment.
- Responsible for testing the action of moving parts prior to final inspection.
- Responsible for verifying all line items have been completed on the work order.
- Inform and communicate suggestions and errors to relevant departments for continuous improvement of the installation process.
- Understand the value that quality plays in the overall success of the company, help in increasing the quality of our products for the appearance and safety for our customers.
- Ability to think on your own and request assistance when needed.
- Must comply with the company’s safety policies and clean initiative standards.
What are we looking for?
- 1-3 years of previous electrical, mechanical, and equipment assembly experience required.
- Or, completion/current enrollment in an accredited Technical School.
- Ability to use a variety of hand and power tools.
- Understand electrical schematics
- Principals of electrical theory
- Troubleshoot problems
- Start/stop functions and multiple lighting
- Must be able to work in multiple environments – shop, outside in all types of weather conditions as well as in an office.
- The successful candidate will need to pass a pre-employment drug screen, physical and criminal background check.
What we offer:
Benefits include competitive pay, tuition reimbursement, new car discounts, on the job training and development and much more.