Who we are?
Our long history expands over 96 years as a prominent leader in the truck equipment business that “makes trucks into tools." Since 1918, Auto Truck Group has expanded into 12 locations and more than 800 employees specializing in design, manufacture and installation of truck equipment for a wide variety of customers. From custom orders to entire fleets, Auto Truck Group is ready to help pool/dealer customers, commercial users, fleets, utilities, government agencies, and many other smaller businesses.
Auto Truck Group has an outstanding opportunity for a Welder based in our Rancho Crordova, CA location.
What will you do?
- Ability to weld assemble parts without fixturing using ISO and Cad drawings
- Assemble custom made and build products to meet customer specifications.
- Responsible for verifying all line items have been completed on the work order.
- Perform a quality visual inspection of the parts produce.
- Possess knowledge of assembly process to limit scrap materials.
- Possess an understanding and exercise extreme care during the operation and movement of large parts while using the company lifting systems.
- Must comply with the company’s safety policies and clean initiative standards.
- Follow and meet production time standards established on job travelers.
What are we looking for?
- Intermediate level of knowledge with the operation of welding equipment, gases and materials.
- Ability to read and interpret instructions, specifications, etc. (including blueprint reading).
- Understand the welding properties and perform critical welding, soldering, and cutting operations on ferrous and nonferrous metals.
- Properly complete both vertical and horizontal welding operations for strengthening purposes.
- Able to perform quality, critical welds and pass the critical welding tests on a continuous basis.
- Able to mig weld – horizontal, downhill and overhead passes.
- Able to use a cutting torch, plasma cutter and electrical / power tools correctly.
- Must have adequate tools to complete assigned duties.
- Must pass a physical, drug test, and criminal background check prior to employment.
What we offer:
Benefits include competitive pay, health, dental and life insurance, tuition reimbursement, 401(k), on the job training and development and much more.