Who we are?
Our long history expands over 100 years as a prominent leader in the truck equipment business that “makes trucks into tools." Since 1918, Auto Truck Group has expanded into 12+ locations and more than 800 employees specializing in design, manufacture and installation of truck equipment for a wide variety of customers.
As a Field Service Technician, you’ll provide on-site service and repair to truck mounted equipment on railroad service vehicles. Equipment includes: cranes, hydraulics, rail conversion equipment, winches, aftermarket electrical components, and other various truck mounted equipment.
The desired location for this position will be in the Dallas/Fort Worth, TX area.
What will you do?
- Cover an assigned geographical service area utilizing a company vehicle
- Communicate with customers to understand and diagnose problems.
- Make necessary repairs and modifications to truck mounted equipment
- Accurately estimate time and material required for repairs
- Problem solving under little or no supervision
- Inform and communicate suggestions and errors for continuous improvement of trucks
- Monday – Friday work schedule
What are we looking for?
- Minimum of 5 years previous hands on mechanical experience
- Possess automotive troubleshooting skills
- Preferred knowledge of hydraulics, electrical, and/or pneumatics
- Must have positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Some travel required
- Must possess reading skills to utilize service manuals of equipment
- Welding and cutting torch experience preferred
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Ability to obtain DOT medical card required
- Pass pre-employment physical, drug screen, and background check
What we offer:
Benefits include competitive pay, health, dental and life insurance, tuition reimbursement, 401(k), on the job training and development and much more.