The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for processing full cycle accounts payable (both US and Canada locations) from processing supplier invoices, performing weekly AP check run, supplier statement reconciliations, review and audit expense reports, obtain/review supporting receipts for credit card statements, respond to vendor inquiries and various other functions to support the Accounting Department. This position is also responsible for establishing and maintaining good working relationships with external (Suppliers) and internal customers (Purchasing departments local and remote).
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Input all AP invoices supported by company purchase order/receipt into the A/P module and document reasons for unmatched AP invoices (pricing errors, non-receipt).
- Distribute unmatched AP invoices to appropriate Purchasing team and management for resolution and subsequent processing; follow-up as warranted.
- Review all AP invoices not supported by company purchase order, obtain appropriate management approval, code to correct GL account/profit center and input into the A/P module.
- Prepare payments to employees and suppliers.
- Review supplier statements and respond when necessary.
- Maintain AP to-be-paid files as well as AP paid files
- Self-assess use tax as warranted on non-inventory invoices.
- Field all questions regarding payment status or other questions.
- Complete other tasks as assigned.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with applicable Federal and State laws.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
- 3 - 5 years Accounts Payable experience in a high volume environment preferred.
- Knowledge of accounting/finance practices
- Proficient in MS office applications such as Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be extremely organized, and able to manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines, willing to learn new skills and processes as needed.
- Possess basic computer skills, including data entry with extreme accuracy.
- Able to perform within the established company standards, which include but are not limited to standard operating procedures, quality and performance.
- Must pass a drug test and criminal background check prior to employment.