Who we are?
Our long history expands over 100 years as a prominent leader in the truck equipment business that “makes trucks into tools." Since 1918, Auto Truck Group has expanded into 12+ locations and more than 800 employees specializing in design, manufacture and installation of truck equipment for a wide variety of customers.
Auto Truck Group has an outstanding opportunity for a Mechanic Technician.
Primary job function will be installing new aftermarket equipment on new automobile and truck chassis.
What will you do?
- Ability to build vehicles according to work instructions and prints, check and verify conformance to specifications.
- Ability to safely mount and connect mechanical, electronic equipment.
- Responsible for testing the action of moving parts prior to final inspection.
- Responsible for verifying all line items have been completed on the work order.
- Inform and communicate suggestions and errors to relevant departments for continuous improvement of the installation process.
- Understand the value that quality plays in the overall success of the company, help in increasing the quality of our products for the appearance and safety for our customers.
- Ability to think on your own and request assistance when needed.
- Must comply with the company’s safety policies and clean initiative standards.
What are we looking for?
- Atleast 1 year of previous electrical, mechanical, and equipment assembly experience required.
- Or, completion/current enrollment in an accredited Technical School.
- Ability to use a variety of hand and power tools.
- Understand electrical schematics
- Principals of electrical theory
- Troubleshoot problems
- Start/stop functions and multiple lighting
- Must be able to work in multiple environments – shop, outside in all types of weather conditions as well as in an office.
- The successful candidate will need to pass a pre-employment drug screen, physical and criminal background check.
What we offer:
Benefits include competitive pay, tuition reimbursement, new car discounts, on the job training and development and much more.