Principal Purpose of Position:
Responsible for supervising the day-to-day activities of the warehouse to maintain inventory and supplies, supervise staff, meet operational standards, maintain inventory and storage areas.
- Monitor shipping, receiving, distribution of manufacturing raw goods for production and proper cycle counting.
- Monitor work activities in department to ensure work quality standards and planned activity schedules are maintained.
- Manage the shipping and receiving functions of the company, and oversee the storage of purchased parts and finished goods.
- Oversee receiving area to ensure that all materials are received in acceptable condition, reviewed in a timely manner and goods are put away quickly in racks to keep the area clean and organized.
- Investigate and solve problems resulting from material shortages.
- Ensure shipments received are accurate and directed to proper departments.
- Supervise the preparation of required shipping and receiving paperwork.
- Evaluate and determine best shipping methods, select and establish working relationships with carriers.
- Develop, establish and provide for the maintenance of reporting systems that relate to the materials function.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining purchasing practices and policies to ensure honest, fair and ethical relationships with vendors.
- Keep abreast of materials and material pricing trends that effect company products.
- Ensure that standard practices and procedures are followed in connection with all materials department functions.
- Assist with work activities as necessary to maintain the flow of work in the department.
- Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned.
Education and/or Training:
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
Relevant Work Experience:
- 2-3 years of supervisory experience working in a warehouse/materials environment
- Able to work in multiple environments – shop, outside in all types of weather conditions as well as in an office.
- Have basic computer knowledge and skills.
- Possess knowledge of appropriate shipping and marking of hazardous material.
- Must be able to correctly use all required safety equipment.
- Perform within the established company standards, which include but are not limited to standard operating procedures, quality and performance.
- Must pass a physical, drug test, and criminal background check prior to employment.