Stock, maintain and monitor all inventory levels of parts; responsible for the pulling and the staging of parts and equipment for the production and retail areas. Communicate low inventory levels to purchasing department as required.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintain inventories of all inventoried items (controlled and/or non-controlled).
- Assist and participate in conducting cycle counts.
- Properly position bar-coding on all incoming parts and equipment.
- Allocate required parts to job/work orders and complete requisitions for parts shortages.
- Maintain mechanics materials and orders based on pick sheets.
- Pull and stage parts for job/work orders.
- Receive packing slips and verify quantities for parts against purchase orders.
- Responsible for the shipment of parts to customers.
- Collect and properly package inventory and purchased items needing shipment.
- Properly check-in and move vehicles being delivered.
- Possess an understanding and exercise extreme care during the operation and movement of large parts while using the company lifting systems.
- Inform and communicate suggestions and errors to relevant departments for continuous improvement of the installation process.
- Understand the value that quality plays in the overall success of the company, help in increasing the quality of our products for the appearance and safety for out customers.
- Must comply with the company’s safety policies and clean initiative standards.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be preformed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with applicable Federal and State laws.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
- Prior experience in warehouse / materials environment.
- Must be able to work in multiple environments – shop, outside in all types of weather conditions as well as in an office.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Able to think on your own and request assistance when needed.
- Possess knowledge of appropriate shipping and marking of hazardous material.
- Must possess the ability to gain the knowledge and understanding of parts lists.
- Must be able to correctly use all required safety equipment.
- Must be able to perform within the established company standards, which include but are not limited to standard operating procedures, quality and performance.
- Must pass a physical, drug test, and criminal background check prior to employment.
- 2-3 years experience working in a warehouse / materials environment.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Prior experience with operating a forklift.
- Forklift operator certification – given by company.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Requires working on hard floor – sitting, walking, standing, bending, squatting, kneeling, twisting and stooping.
- Requires the ability to lift 50 pounds regularly with occasional lifting to upwards of 75 pounds.