The Manufacturing Process Engineer is responsible for implementing process improvements and changes that ensure safety, improve product quality, reduce installation time, and reduce cost. Utilize lean concepts including standardized work, problem solving methodologies, material handling and planning, and kaizen activities. Work closely with Design Engineering, Account Management, Operations, and our Shops.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Lead assigned projects using Project Management best practices.
- Solve problems using data driven decisions.
- Spend a significant portion of time on the shop floor.
- Travel to our facilities for project work and execution accounts for about 30% of time.
- Coordinate Pilot builds for Strategic customers at the shop level:
- Identify and design installation fixtures and templates
- Define critical to quality elements and implement stops to prevent defects
- Build Process Documents to ensure efficient installation of our products
- Set up production lines for large quantity builds.
- Support daily manufacturing operations.
- Lead special manufacturing projects.
- Lead lean initiatives and cost savings.
- Oversee and participate in problem resolution within our manufacturing processes.
- Support and interact with the Quality team.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be preformed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with applicable Federal and State laws.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
- Associate’s Degree in Technical Field, such as Engineering Technology, Product Design, or Manufacturing Technology.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience in one of the following fields: Operations, Manufacturing, Quality, Engineering.
- Ability to influence and lead a cross functional team in a fast paced environment where the team members are not direct reports.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Access, Project and Power Point.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology, or equivalent appropriate technical BS degree.
- Six Sigma, 5S, Kaizen, Lean experience and formal training.
- Prior experience with automotive mechanics, welding, sheet metal forming, mobile hydraulics, and 12 volt DC electrical circuits.