Who we are?
Our long history expands over 100 years as a prominent leader in the truck equipment business that “makes trucks into tools." Since 1918, Auto Truck Group has expanded into 13 locations and more than 1000 employees specializing in design, manufacture and installation of truck equipment for a wide variety of customers. From custom orders to entire fleets, Auto Truck Group is ready to help pool/dealer customers, commercial users, fleets, utilities, government agencies, and many other smaller businesses.
Auto Truck Group has an outstanding opportunity for Warehouse Supervisor based in our Mississauga Location
What will you do?
- Monitor shipping, receiving, distribution of manufacturing raw goods for production and proper cycle counting.
- Monitor work activities in department to ensure work quality standards and planned activity schedules are maintained.
- Manage the shipping and receiving functions of the company, and oversee the storage of purchased parts and finished goods.
- Oversee receiving area to ensure that all materials are received in acceptable condition, reviewed in a timely manner and goods are put away quickly in racks to keep the area clean and organized.
- Investigate and solve problems resulting from material shortages.
- Ensure shipments received are accurate and directed to proper departments.
- Supervise the preparation of required shipping and receiving paperwork.
- Evaluate and determine best shipping methods, select and establish working relationships with carriers.
- Develop, establish and provide for the maintenance of reporting systems that relate to the materials function.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining purchasing practices and policies to ensure honest, fair and ethical relationships with vendors.
- Keep abreast of materials and material pricing trends that effect company products.
- Ensure that standard practices and procedures are followed in connection with all materials department functions.
- Assist with work activities as necessary to maintain the flow of work in the department.
What are we looking for?
- 2-3 years supervisory experience working in a warehouse / materials environment.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Prior experience with operating a propane forklift
Auto Truck Group is committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs