Who we are?
Since 1918, Auto Truck Group takes new trucks and make them into tools. We have expanded into 12 locations and more than 800 employees specializing in the design, manufacture and installation of truck equipment. From custom trucks to entire fleets, our customers include railroad, utilities, government agencies.
The Paint Prepper is responsible for the preparation of equipment, parts and materials for the painting process, which includes masking, sanding and prepping.
What will you do
- Properly clean and prepare surfaces to be painted including masking, sanding, and prepping
- Ability to determine damaged areas on bodies to be repaired
- Must be able to isolate painted / unpainted areas – i.e. masking, taping doors, etc.
- Understand the value that quality plays in the overall success of the company, help in increasing the quality of our products for the appearance and safety for our customers
- Ability to operate required tools within standard operations procedures
- Must comply with the company’s safety policies and clean initiative standards.
What are we looking for?
- Entry-level position; previous auto body experience is helpful, but not required.
- Will train anyone motivated!
- Need to have an eye for detail.
- Possess the ability to use electrical/power tools correctly.
- Able to correctly use all required safety equipment.
- Must be able to perform within the established company standards, which include but are not limited to standard operating procedures, attendance, quality and performance.
- Must pass a physical, drug test, and criminal background check prior to employment.
What we offer:
Benefits include competitive pay, health, dental and life insurance, tuition reimbursement, 401(k), on the job training and development and much more.