Our long history expands over 97 years as a prominent leader in the truck equipment business that “makes trucks into tools." Since 1918, Auto Truck Group has expanded into 22 locations and more than 900 employees specializing in design, manufacture and installation of truck equipment for a wide variety of customers.
The key individual in this role will be responsible for the oversight of key leads of product quality flaws, controlling and informing leadership of any packaging issues, and inspecting parts prior to painting.
- Must have an understanding of powder coating finish criteria.
- Must have experience of at least 2 years in the paint Quality control experience
- Must be able read Mil gauge tools, record mil thicknesses to ensure proper mil thickness.
- Inspect all parts coming off paint line prior to packaging, ensure 100% quality inspection.
Pre Paint Inspections
- Must have experience with unpainted product to identify quality issues prior to paint. Ex: Rust, excessive spatter from welding, deep gouges, liquids on metal etc.
- Inform the Paint/Applications Lead of paint flaws due to painting issues or spotting in paint etc, associated with paint or pre-treatment.
- Oversee the packaging Quality of all products and ensure there is no product being damaged during packaging.
- Follow Quality Assurance Policy set forth in Form & Fusion guidelines
- Develop with the packaging lead all package weights and document.
- Work with employees (Temp/Full Time) when discrepancies are noticed during the packaging of products that will damage the product or potentially have quality flaws and correct any issues.
- Inform the Packaging Lead of employees not following work instructions given by the Packaging Lead at the start of jobs.
- Inform Packaging Lead of all discrepancies for product decisions of acceptance.
Manufacturing Quality Inspections
- Minimum of 2 years experience working with sheet metal
- Ability to use measuring tools, such as calipers, tape measure and material thickness gauges.
- Ability to read CAD drawings, measure product for quality inspections.
- Minimum 2 years welding knowledge, must be able to determine acceptable and non-acceptable welds
With 900+ employees, strong revenues and offices throughout the U.S. and Canada, Auto Truck Group offers growth opportunities that few companies can match.