Our long history expands over 99 years as a prominent leader in the truck equipment business that “makes trucks into tools." Since 1918, Auto Truck Kargo Equipment has expanded into 12 locations and more than 900 employees specializing in design, manufacture and installation of truck equipment for a wide variety of customers. From custom orders to entire fleets, Auto Truck Kargo Equipment is ready to help pool/dealer customers, commercial users, fleets, utilities, government agencies, and many other smaller businesses.
Auto Truck Kargo Equipment is currently looking for a talented individual to join our team as:
Perform functions to plan, coordinate and schedule manufacturing, material control, quality control and shipping and receiving activities to ensure customer orders and company products are processed and shipped in accordance with planned schedules, job specifications established quality standards and planned profit objectives. This role is responsible to meet and maintain targeted inventory levels and customer fill rates by developing a production plan based on demand forecast, demonstrated output and line capability. Responsible for delivering the daily production schedule that minimizes change overs and maximizes production availability.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Plan production schedules involving printing, finishing, quality control, purchasing, material planning, estimating and shipping and receiving activities, effectively utilizing available resources to meet plans for customer stock and make and sell product shipping and stock needs.
- Monitor plant activities and assist with problems as necessary to meet planned production schedules and to ensure product quality standards are maintained.
- Determine raw material requirements and status necessary components to support production schedule working with procurement.
- Responsible for the development, reporting, and execution of production scheduling, capacity planning (level loading - internal, S&OP targets, and the development of control measures to prevent shortages.
- Create and execute work orders within the ERP system.
- Work directly with the Plant Manager to review work order status and update plans to ensure customer deliveries are on time and complete.
- Work directly with Purchasing, Material Handling and Production personnel to ensure the production schedule matches material receipts, labor availability and customer expectations.
- Develop Monthly Sales and Operational Capacity Plans to balance forecasted sales with current capacity while projecting labor needs to meet upcoming production and financial objectives.
- Work with Account Management to provide shipment completions and targeted manufacturing dates.
- Work with internal and external customers to plan pilot reviews into the overall schedule.
- Maintain standards of performance and comply with production standards and safety procedures.
- Coordinate meetings with customers and the fleet management companies and the Sales Department.
- Other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
- BA or BS degree preferred OR 2 or more years of planning and/or scheduling experience in a lean assembly environment.
- Demonstrated competency in computer software to include databases, spreadsheets, and word processing and MRP/ERP systems.
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience as a Program Planner/Scheduler.
- Strong understanding of Project Management concepts and best practices.
- Advanced capability and experience with MS Excel.
- Experience with resource loading and capacity planning theories and concepts.