This role is responsible for planning, ordering and scheduling a wide range of materials to support production schedules in a fast paced manufacturing environment. The Supply Chain Manager will work closely with the Scheduling and Production Departments to ensure the availability and timely delivery of parts, components and other materials used in the direct production of vehicles. The Supply Chain Manager will work closely with the Procurement Manager of ARI to design a centralized Auto Truck purchasing process including sourcing, vendor selection, quality and performance. This position is also accountable for implementing and managing the order supply and delivery systems as well as inventory management at twelve geographic locations.
This position will be responsible for managing and monitoring technology systems in support of inventory management, developing ordering policies, installing ‘best practices’ from planning and management perspectives as well as establishing product performance benchmarks. This position will have 11 Supply Chain specialists as direct reports.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work closely with the Scheduling Manager to understand work order timing and effectively and efficiently source and deliver required materials for all production work. Understand supplier and internal lead times to ensure all required materials are available when specific work orders are scheduled for completion.
- Determine raw material requirements and status of necessary components to support production schedule working with all departments in the procurement channel.
- Design processes so that critical materials are delivered in a just-in-time fashion to minimize inventory hold times.
- Responsible for inventory levels, material planning, estimating activities, effectively utilizing available resources to meet plans for production needs.
- Manage aged inventory reports for obsolete parts and participate in formulating strategies to minimize financial impact.
- Participate in Operations Planning meetings to determine capacity plans and financial objectives.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with applicable Federal and State laws.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
- BA or BS degree plus five years of supply chain management and/or planning and scheduling experience in a lean manufacturing or maintenance operation.
- Demonstrated competency in computer software to include databases, spreadsheets, and word processing and MRP/ERP systems.
- Strong understanding of Project Management concepts and best practices.
- Advanced capability and experience with MS Project and MS Excel or equivalent systems.
- Experience resource loading, identifying and resolving resources allocation issues and resource reporting in MS Project or an equivalent system.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- CPSM or equivalent certification preferred
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Requires working in a seated position for the majority of working time. Also may require intermittent walking, standing, bending, squatting, kneeling, twisting and stooping.
- Requires the ability to lift 5 pounds regularly with occasional lifting to upwards of 20 pounds.