This role is responsible for planning, coordinating and managing the production schedules of twelve distinct facilities to drive the efficiency and effectiveness of the company’s manufacturing and assembly process. The Scheduling Manager will work closely with Sales and Marketing, Order Writing, Procurement, and the Production Departments to ensure customer delivery expectations are met and plant production availability time is maximized. This position will have seven scheduling specialists as direct reports.
Responsibilities will include developing and managing specific scheduling criteria to include labor requirements per order, material timing, aggregated line management workload, and throughput for each location and the management of the system as a whole. Coordination among all stake holders is critical for this role. An ability to think strategically and an understanding of business drivers is essential to include the development of Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Plan, coordinate and manage company-wide production schedules to effectively utilize available resources in designing and meeting plans for all customer orders.
- Manage plant capacity and proactively react to changes in business levels.
- Monitor plant activities and assist with problems as necessary to meet planned production schedules and to ensure product quality standards are maintained.
- Assist the Supply Chain Manager to determine raw material requirements and status necessary components to support production schedules.
- Responsible for the development, reporting, and execution of company-wide production scheduling, capacity planning including internal level loading, and the development of critical control measures to avoid bottlenecks to production efficiencies.
- Manage the and execution of work orders within the ERP system.
- Work directly with the Production and Manufacturing teams to review work order status and update plans to ensure customer deliveries are on time and complete.
- Maintain time fences and a formal change control process to review all unplanned requests.
- Develop Monthly Sales and Operations Planning forecasts to determine capacity plans and balance customer demand with working capital.
- Work with Account Management to provide shipment completions and targeted manufacturing dates.
- Work with Engineering Department to incorporate pilot requirements into overall schedule.
- Maintain standards of performance and comply with all production standards and safety procedures.
- Coordinate meetings with customers and the fleet management companies and the Sales Department.
- Other duties as assigned by the VP, Operations.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with applicable Federal and State laws.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
- BA or BS degree plus five years of planning and/or scheduling experience in a lean assembly environment.
- Demonstrated competency in computer software to include databases, spreadsheets, and word processing and MRP/ERP systems.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience as a Program Planner/Scheduler or the equivalent in a related field.
- Strong understanding of Project Management concepts and best practices.
- Advanced capability and experience with MS Project and MS Excel or similar applications.
- Experience resource loading, identifying and resolving resources allocation issues and resource reporting in MS Project.
- Understand the concept of planning packages and work packages as they relate to control accounts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- APIC Certification is a plus.
- PMP Certification is a plus.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Requires working in a seated position for the majority of working time. Also may require intermittent walking, standing, bending, squatting, kneeling, twisting and stooping.
- Requires the ability to lift 16 pounds regularly with occasional lifting to upwards of 25 pounds.