Who we are:
Since 1918, Auto Truck Group takes new trucks and make them into tools. We have expanded into 12 locations and more than 800 employees specializing in the design, manufacture and installation of truck equipment. From custom trucks to entire fleets, our customers include railroad, utilities, government agencies.
What will you do?
- Inspect for safe operation workmanship, alignment, operating performance, and mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical requirements.
- Check truck’s vital fluid levels and adjust to specifications.
- Review finished product before delivery to customer.
- Examine proper decaling to meet customer’s specifications.
- Responsible for verifying line items have been completed on the work order.
- Record any defective equipment
- Organize data to assist in training shop employees on production errors.
- Must comply with the company’s safety policies and clean initiative standards.
What are we looking for?
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 1+ year of experience in a Quality Inspector Position desired.
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be detailed orientated.
- Basic computer skills.
- Able to work in multiple environments – shop, outside in all types of weather conditions as well as in an office.
- Able to understand blueprints and critical welding requirements.
- Must have adequate tools to complete assigned duties. Understand the value that quality plays in the overall success of the company, help in increasing the quality of our products for the appearance and safety for our customers.
- Ability to think on your own and request assistance when needed.
- Ability to prioritize daily activities.
- Must pass a physical, drug test, and criminal background check prior to employment.
- Must be able to understand the operating requirements of the installed equipment.
What we offer:
Benefits include competitive pay, tuition reimbursement, 401(k), on the job training and development and much more.