Manager – Procurement
Based in Bartlett, IL
The Manager, Procurement, Auto Truck Group (ATG) is a new position within the ARI Global Product Management Team. A working manager with responsibilities across all direct spend categories including, large assemblies (truck bodies, cranes), small parts, tires, and other materials and services used in direct manufacturing of upfit vehicles. Initial focus is on centralizing the procurement competency, strategically supporting ATG’s twelve North American locations. A successful candidate is a self-motivated, strong communicator across all organizational levels, with innate curiosity, and the ability to pull different ideas together and challenge status quo.
Principal Purpose of Position:
- Provide thought leadership and guidance to operations in the area of strategic sourcing, procurement services and vendor management.
- Work closely with the ATG Supply Chain Manager and purchasing team to ensure that procurement of manufacturing critical materials and services is executed in support of business priorities and overall strategy.
- Responsible for developing the governance framework for the procurement function within Auto Truck Group focused on reducing business risk and improving bottom line performance.
- Assist the ATG supply chain organization in delivering optimized supplier value in terms of cost, execution, and quality while reducing the number of suppliers utilized across all ATG locations.
- Manage the procurement process, ensuring that all Company policies and procedures are adhered to by personnel involved with the procurement, purchasing and supply chain functions.
- Work closely with the ARI Vendor Management group to provide feedback on vendor performance (cost, quality and execution) and follow up with resolutions including involvement in periodic vendor audits.
- Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned.
Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor’s degree required in related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- CPM, CPSM or equivalent preferred.
- Key Competencies: Collaboration, Procurement, Project Management, Clear Articulator, Strategy Development, Interpersonal.
Relevant Work Experience:
- 10-15 years of procurement experience in a manufacturing business environment, both domestically and internationally preferred.
- Experience implementing strategic sourcing plans in support of business unit operations (balancing cost, risk and performance).
- Advanced understanding of supply chain procedures, processes, and core values.
- Proficient in financial modeling and data analysis.
Communicating & Influencing Skills:
- Ability to develop influencing relationships with varying levels of management and individual contributors from various business units.
- Ability to bring or develop an external professional network to maintain awareness of procurement trends.
- Experienced in negotiating contracts valued in excess of $1M. Clear understanding of contractual terms and conditions.
- Experienced in the development and implementation of supplier management practices and/or processes on an enterprise basis, including SLAs, KPIs, and governance models.
- Build partnerships with all locations and business functions and ensure procurement is involved at the earliest stage of the buying process. Establish KPI for early stage procurement involvement.
- Demonstrated track record of success in a breadth of prior, challenging experiences, including leading broad change management initiatives.
- Ideal candidate will have experience working in a matrix environment.
- Travel required (including Canada), approximately 20%.