Who we are?
Our long history expands over 96 years as a prominent leader in the truck equipment business that “makes trucks into tools." Since 1918, Auto Truck Group has expanded into 9 locations and more than 500 employees specializing in design, manufacture and installation of truck equipment for a wide variety of customers. From custom orders to entire fleets, Auto Truck Group is ready to help pool/dealer customers, commercial users, fleets, utilities, government agencies, and many other smaller businesses.
Auto Truck Group has an outstanding opportunity for QA Inspector based in our Mississauga Location
What will you do?
- Inspect for workmanship, alignment, operating performance, and mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical requirements.
- Test engine components for proper operation before final delivery.
- Monitor and check working/operating conditions of equipment for defects and quality workmanship.
- Check safe and proper operation of truck features and added work equipment.
- Check truck’s vital fluid levels and adjust to specifications.
- Examine for cracks, rust, wear and mark defective areas with notes for repair.
- Examine paint for chips, cracks, shade variances or unpainted areas.
- Ensure proper decaling location and alignment to meet customer’s specifications.
- Responsible for verifying line items have been completed on the work order.
- Record defective equipment, errors and intensity per variation.
- Tabulate data to assist in training shop employees on production errors.
- Possess an understanding and exercise extreme care during the operation and movement of large parts while using the company lifting systems.
- Inform and communicate suggestions and errors to relevant departments for continuous improvement of the installation process.
- Understand the value that quality plays in the overall success of the company, help in increasing the quality of our products for the appearance and safety for our customers.
- Ability to think on your own and request assistance when needed.
- Must comply with the company’s safety policies and clean initiative standards.
What are we looking for?
- Valid driver’s license a plus
- Ability to obtain ASE certification – E1, E2 and E3 certifications required.
- High school diploma required.
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be detailed orientated.
Auto Truck Group is committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs