Who we are?
Our long history expands over 96 years as a prominent leader in the truck equipment business that “makes trucks into tools." Since 1918, Auto Truck Group has expanded into 11 locations and more than 500 employees specializing in design, manufacture and installation of truck equipment for a wide variety of customers. From custom orders to entire fleets, Auto Truck Group is ready to help pool/dealer customers, commercial users, fleets, utilities, government agencies, and many other smaller businesses.
Auto Truck Group has an outstanding opportunity for a Buyer based in our Mississauga, ON location.
What will you do?
- Place new purchase orders with approved vendors for materials, negotiating best price.
- Expedite purchase orders for past due orders.
- Review acknowledgments received from vendors and suppliers to verify all materials received or future delivery dates are acceptable.
- Evaluate price and availability and place emergency orders for parts, materials or supplies.
- Review master schedule for adjustments in sales orders and adjust material purchases as needed.
- Ensure delivery dates are met by suppliers.
- Resolve problems with returned goods.
- Review existing vendors and suppliers for alternative purchasing options to save money and increase efficiency.
- Work with other departments to develop new products or product applications.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
What are we looking for?
- 2 – 3 years of experience in purchasing, procurement or related field.
- Associates degree in Business or related field strongly preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced office environment.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook and Word)
What we offer:
Benefits include competitive pay, health, dental and life insurance, tuition reimbursement, on the job training and development and much more.