Who we are?
Our long history expands over 96 years as a prominent leader in the truck equipment business that “makes trucks into tools." Since 1918, Auto Truck Group has expanded into 11 locations and more than 500 employees specializing in design, manufacture and installation of truck equipment for a wide variety of customers. From custom orders to entire fleets, Auto Truck Group is ready to help pool/dealer customers, commercial users, fleets, utilities, government agencies, and many other smaller businesses.
Auto Truck Group has an outstanding opportunity for an Mechanical Engineer based in our Mississauga, ON location.
What will you do?
- Work with outside sales representatives and account managers to research products and find product sources.
- Create work order templates consisting of the BOM, installation instructions, and documentation of the build for use by the operations team.
- Create project bids for custom products, verify correct pricing and ensure that profit margins are consistent with company objectives. Process bids in a timely manner.
- Interact with suppliers and have a good understanding of their products and capabilities. Keep abreast of market trends of product offerings.
- Develop conceptual design drawings to accompany client proposals.
- Design, analyze, integrate, and test truck mounted equipment systems.
- Design truck and van accessories from various materials and manufacturing methods.
- Create detailed drawings for manufacturing.
- Resolve design, assembly, and manufacturing problems in a timely manner.
- Develop, publish, and maintain operating manuals for our products.
- Develop, publish, and maintain assembly instructions to support the Operations team.
- Communicate effectively with sales, manufacturing, suppliers and customers.
What are we looking for?
- Engineering degree is strongly preferred.
- Experience with 3D solid modeling is required. Solidworks experience is preferred.
- Mechanical aptitude is strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to effectively interact with other team members and customer personnel.
What we offer:
Benefits include competitive pay, health, dental and life insurance, tuition reimbursement, on the job training and development and much more.