This position provides leadership and support for direction of daily work schedule, serves as the point of contact with the office and assists and mentors other Mechanics. Possess the knowledge and understanding of installation process of all under-hood truck compartments, PDC panels, hy-rail and cranes. Plan and perform a wide variety of fitting, assembly, installation, and alignment of complicated parts to exacting customer tolerances and operating requirements.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Lead, plan and train the department staff responsible for performing a variety of skilled, semi-skilled, and unskilled technical diagnostic, repair and maintenance work.
- Responsible for performing some of the most complex work in the department as well as administrative support duties.
- Train assigned employees in maintenance and repair methods, procedures and techniques.
- Verifies work performed for accuracy, proper work methods, techniques, and compliance with applicable standards and specifications; ensures adherence to safe work practices and procedures; assists in the evaluation of employees.
- Serve as a mentor/resource to other employees in the department for complicated issues.
- Mount and connect mechanical, electronic, pneumatic, hydraulic and crane systems and controls.
- Install hy-rail components and crane on vehicles.
- Build a variety of parts, install boxes and special components for design of truck.
- Fill vehicle systems with proper fluids for safe and proper operation.
- Test the action of moving parts prior to final inspection.
- Verify all line items have been completed on the work order.
- Perform a quality visual inspection of vehicle, pre-delivery, or dealer prepping, as well as checking chassis for problems, such as leaks, errors or bad manufacturing.
- Possess an understanding and exercise extreme care during the operation and movement of large parts while using the company lifting systems.
- Ability to think on your own and request assistance when needed.
- Must comply with the company’s safety policies and clean initiative standards.
- Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with applicable Federal and State laws.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
- Basic electrical skills.
- Heat shrinking
- Principals of electrical theory
- Troubleshoot problems
- Some understanding of relay operation, start/stop functions and multiple lighting
- Entry-level hydraulic skills.
- Disassemble components and systems
- Troubleshoot problems
- Repair of components and systems
- Possess the ability to use electrical/power tools correctly.
- Must pass a physical, drug test, and criminal background check prior to employment.
- Ability to mig weld clean – horizontal, downhill and overhead passes.
- Automotive experience is extremely helpful.
- Knowledge and skill of reading electrical wiring diagrams and hydraulic schematics.
- Ability to wire off a diagram on any and all work equipment.
- Diagnose electrical, hydraulic, mechanical and pneumatic problems.
- Valid driver’s license.