Who we are?
Our long history expands over 98 years as a prominent leader in the truck equipment business that “makes trucks into tools." Since 1918, Auto Truck Group has expanded into 12 locations and more than 800 employees specializing in design, manufacture and installation of truck equipment for a wide variety of customers. From custom orders to entire fleets, Auto Truck Group is ready to help pool/dealer customers, commercial users, fleets, utilities, government agencies, and many other smaller businesses.
The Painter is primarily focused on the verification, matching and mixing of the appropriate quantities of paint for color-matching purposes. Also be responsible for efficient, safe and quality application of paints, basecoats, enamels, primers and sealers. Possess the ability to critique and solve paint-related issues.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Properly prepare areas to be painted includes cleaning, masking, sanding, buffing, and prepping as required.
- Read work orders and properly determine the color and amount of paint required for job(s).
- Mix paints, enamels and primers to match standardized and specified color requirements.
- Must be able to isolate painted/unpainted areas (i.e., masking, taping doors, etc.).
- Apply and verify proper application of seam seal to bodies and compartments for quality water sealing.
- Apply a variety of coatings to obtain a high grade and decorative finish on both vehicles and working components.
- Ensure the required consistency and viscosity of paint for spraying or brushing.
- Correct mistakes such as smoothing rough spots, touch up painting and repairing surface defects as necessary.
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of all spray equipment.
- Clean and maintain the paint mixing room, air make-up units and paint booths
- Possess an understanding and exercise extreme care during the operation and movement of large parts while using the company lifting systems.
- Inform and communicate suggestions and errors to relevant departments for the continuous improvement of the installation process.
- Apply all paint materials within the standard operating procedures.
- Understand the value that quality plays in the overall success of the company, help in increasing the quality of our products for the appearance and safety for our customers.
- Must comply with the company’s safety policies and clean initiative standards.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be preformed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with applicable Federal and State laws.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
- High School Diploma or the GED equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in painting and color matching in an auto body shop.
- Possess basic arithmetic skills
- Manual dexterity
- Ability to do precision work
- Ability to work with tinting and blending of color requirements.
- Must attend and successfully complete the paint manufacturer training courses.
- Able to use electrical/power tools correctly.
- Must have adequate tools to complete assigned duties.
- Must be able to correctly use of all required safety equipment.
- Knowledge and have the ability to read and understand paint codes and spray equipment operation instructions.
- Possess knowledge of appropriate handling and proper disposal of hazardous paint material.
- Must be able to perform within the established company standards, which include but are not limited to standard operating procedures, quality and performance.
- Able to understand the operating requirements of the equipment being installed.
- Must possess the ability to gain the knowledge and understanding of work orders.
- Must pass physical, drug test, and criminal background check prior to employment.