Manager of Human Resources
Since its inception in 1918, Auto Truck Group has developed and grown from a steel truck body company into a collection of companies in the truck equipment business that “make trucks into tools." With 9 locations and more than 500 employees, we specialize in design, manufacture and installation of truck equipment for a wide variety of customers. From custom orders to entire fleets, Auto Truck Group is ready to help pool/dealer customers, commercial users, fleets, utilities, governmental agencies, and many other small businesses.
We are looking for a talented individual to join our team as a Manager of Human Resources located in Bartlett, IL
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Participate in the development of the business unit's plans and programs as a partner from the perspective of the impact on people.
- Translate the strategic and tactical business plans into HR operational plans that comply with company policy and practices while supporting the business unit goals.
- Assist in the development and implementation of company-wide safety and training programs.
- Monitors regulatory action as those items impact the people resources of the corporation.
- Develops staffing strategies and implementation plans and programs to identify talent within and outside the corporation. Identifies appropriate and effective external sources for candidates for all levels within the company.
- Monitors market pricing of relevant jobs and makes recommendations to senior management and corporate HR
- Evaluates the human resources policies of the business unit and ensures that managers are trained and are properly utilizing policies and processes, such as employee orientation and performance management, in a consistent and reasonable manner. Recommends policy changes to senior management and corporate HR when appropriate.
- Monitors the state of employee relations within the business unit and reports to senior management and corporate HR on a regular basis, or when changes to the employee climate occur. Is available to employees of every level to provide confidential counsel in issues related to their employment.
- Ensures the maintenance of benefits and wellness programs which are in alignment with those of the parent company, and which utilize an employee and company partnership for the short and long-range health and welfare protection of the employees.
- In partnership with business leaders within the unit, identifies competency, knowledge and talent gaps and implements corporate programs for the filling of the gaps including succession planning, training and development programs and general business development programs to enhance employee knowledge and understanding of the business.
- Directs vendor relationships such as those with staffing agencies to ensure they are productive and cost-effective for the company.
- Continually assess the competitiveness of all programs and practices against the relevant companies, industries and markets.
- Coaches and mentors other managers within the organization in effective managerial practices, legal considerations, employee relations and union avoidance.
- Leads, manages and develops others in the Human Resources function.
- Serves as a role model for others in the organization, embodying honesty, integrity and participative leadership techniques.
- Five plus years in human resources with five of those years in a progressive, managerial-level. Multi-site experience required. Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Undergraduate degree in Human Resources or Business required.
- Understanding of best practices in recruiting, compensation, benefits, training, organizational development, employee relations and policy preparation.
- Advanced leadership skills driven by values that support the objectives of the company.
- Must have advanced understanding of employment law.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees and a service orientation.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and excellent platform skills.
- Excellent understanding of the technologies available to assist in HR management and the ability to apply technologies appropriately in the workplace.
- Must possess high standards of personal integrity
With 500+ employees, strong revenues and offices throughout the U.S. and Canada, Auto Truck Group offers growth opportunities that precious few companies can match. Benefits include competitive pay, health, dental, and life insurance, tuition reimbursement, 401(k), and much more.