Who we are?
Our long history expands over 97 years as a prominent leader in the truck equipment business that “makes trucks into tools." Since 1918, Auto Truck Group has expanded into 12 locations and more than 700 employees specializing in design, manufacture and installation of truck equipment for a wide variety of customers.
Auto Truck Group has an outstanding opportunity for a Temporary Installation Mechanic based in our Fort Worth TX location.
What will you do?
- Plan and perform a wide variety of fitting, assembly, installation, and alignment of complicated parts to exacting customer tolerances and operating requirements.
- Read and interpret blueprints and specifications to determine sequence, tooling requirements, measurements and allowable tolerances.
- Build a variety of parts; install boxes and special components for the truck design.
- Responsible for filling vehicle systems with proper fluids for safe and proper operation and for testing the action of moving parts prior to final inspection.
What are we looking for?
- 2-3+ years of previous electrical, welding/fabrication, hydraulic, mechanical, and equipment assembly experience required.
- Ability to use a variety of hand and power tools.
- Must be able to work in multiple environments – shop, outside in all types of weather conditions as well as in an office.
- The successful candidate will need to pass a pre-employment drug screen, physical and criminal background check.